You are here
- Home >
- Xuan Zhang
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, The Ohio State University, May 2016.
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Jun 2011.
- B.E. in Electrical Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Jun 2008.
- Sr. Electrical Engineer, Power Electronics, Tesla Motors, Inc., Palo Alto, California, US, from June 2016.
- Power electronics intern with ABB Corporate Research Center, Raleigh, NC, US, Jun.-Aug., 2014.
- Power conversion circuits lab intern, GE Global Research, Shanghai, China, Feb.-Jun., 2011.
Major Research Topics:
- Topology and control of power converters.
- Evaluation and application of wide-bandgap (WBG) power devices.
- Gate drive design.
- Switched-capacitor circuits.
- Transformer-less galvanic isolation.
Honors and Awards
- IEEE APEC 2016 Student Travel Grant.
- IEEE ECCE 2015 Student Hardware Demo 1st-place Winner.
- IEEE ECCE 2014 Student Travel Grant.
- IEEE APEC 2014 Outstanding Presentation Award.
- IEEE MWSCAS 2013 Student Contest 3rd-place Winner.
- IEEE ECCE 2012 Student Hardware Demo.
- GE Foundation TECH Award 2010.
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology Graduate Pacemaker 2010 (the highest honor for individual graduate students).
- Microsoft Imagine Cup 2009 Embedded Development Competition 2nd-place Winner.
- AREVA Scholarship 2009.
- 30+ authored and co-authored IEEE conference/journal papers.
- 30+ invited reviews for IEEE journals.