You are here
- Home >
- Jin Wang
- Professor, Electrical & Computer Engr.
2015 Neil Ave
Columbus, OH 43210
Ph. D. Michigan State University, 2005
M. S. Wuhan University, 2001
B. S. Xi’an Jiaotong University, 1998
Ford Motor Company 2005-2007
Jin Wang received a B.S. degree from Xi’an Jiaotong University, in 1998, an M.S. degree from Wuhan University, in 2001, and a Ph.D. from Michigan State University, East Lansing, in 2005, all in electrical engineering.
From Sept., 2005 to Aug. 2007, he worked at the Ford Motor Company as a Core Power Electronics Engineer and contributed to the traction drive design of the Ford Fusion Hybrid. He joined the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at The Ohio State University as an assistant professor in September 2007 and was promoted to associate professor in 2013 and full professor in 2017. His research interests include wide bandgap power devices and their applications, high-voltage and high-power converter/inverters, integration of renewable energy sources, and electrification of transportation.
Dr. Wang received multiple teaching and research awards including the IEEE Power Electronics Society Richard M. Bass Young Engineer Award and the National Science Foundation’s CAREER Award, both in 2011; Ralph L. Boyer Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Innovation in 2012, the Lumley Research Award in 2013, and the Harrison Faculty Award for Excellence in Engineering Education in 2017, all from the College of Engineering at The Ohio State University. Dr. Wang has over 140 peer-reviewed journal and conference publications and six patents. Dr. Wang had been an Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications from 2008 to 2014. He initiated and served as the General Chair for the 1st IEEE Workshop on Wide Bandgap Power Devices and Applications in 2013. Currently, Dr. Wang serves as an Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics and IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics (J-ESTPE).
Harrison Faculty Award for Excellence in Engineering Education. College of Engineering.
CAREER Award. National Science Foundation.
Lumley Research Award. College of Engineering, The Ohio State University.
Ralph L. Boyer Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Innovation. College of Engineering, The Ohio State University.
Richard M. Bass Outstanding Young Power Electronics Engineer Award. IEEE Power Electronics Society.
College of Engineering Instructional Technology Development. College of Engineering, The Ohio State University.
2009 President's Salute to Undergraduate Achievement. The Ohio State University.
- K. Yang, Q. Zhang, R. Yuan, W. Yu and J. Wang, 2016, "Selective Harmonic Elimination for Multilevel Converter with Groebner Bases and Symmetric Polynomials." IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 31, 2742 - 2752.
- H. Li, L. Liu, J. Wang, 2016, "Paralleled Operation of High Voltage Cascode GaN HEMTs." IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics 4, 815 - 823.
- X. Zhang, C. Yao, and J. Wang, 2016, "A Quasi-Switched-Capacitor Resonant Converter." IEEE Trans. Power Electron. 31, 7849 - 7856.
- B. Chen, C. Zhang, C. Tian, J. Wang and J. Yuan, 2016, "A Hybrid Electrical Magnetic Power Quality Compensation System With Minimum Active Compensation Capacity for V/V Cophase Railway Power Supply System." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS 31, no. 6, 4159 - 4170.
- K. Yang, Q. Zhang, R. Yuan, W. Yu, J. Wang, 2016, "Selective Harmonic Elimination With Groebner Bases and Symmetric Polynomials." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS 31, no. 4, 2742 - 2752.
- L. Herrera, L. Cong, Y. Xiu, J. Wang, 2015, "FPGA-Based Detailed Real-Time Simulation of Power Converters and Electric Machines for EV HIL Applications." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRY APPLICATIONS 51, no. 2, 1702 - 1712.
- J. Yuan, Z. Zhao, C. Li, B. Chen and J. Wang, 2015, "An Immune-Algorithm-Based Dead-Time Elimination PWM Control Strategy in a Single-Phase Inverter." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS 30, no. 7, 3964 - 3975.
- Z. Wang, K. Passino, J. Wang, 2015, "Optimal Reactive Power Allocation in Large-Scale Grid-Connected Photovoltaic Systems." JOURNAL OF OPTIMIZATION THEORY AND APPLICATIONS 167, no. 2, 761 - 779.
- K. Yang, Z. Yuan, R. Yuan, W. Yu, J.X. Yuan, J. Wang, 2015, "A Groebner Bases Theory-Based Method for Selective Harmonic Elimination." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS 30, no. 12, 6581 - 6592.
- D. Ahamadi, and J. Wang, 2014, "Online Selective Harmonic Compensation and Power Generation With Distributed Energy Resources." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS 29, no. 7, 3738 - 3747.
- C. Li, D. Jiao, J. Jia, F. Guo and J. Wang, 2014, "Thermoelectric Cooling for Power Electronics Circuits: Modeling and Active Temperature Control." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRY APPLICATIONS 50, no. 6, 3995 - 4005.
- C. Li, L. Herrera, J. Jia, L. Fu, Y, Huang, A. Isurin, A. Cook and J. Wang, 2014, "Design and Implementation of a Bidirectional Isolated Cuk Converter for Low-Voltage and High-Current Automotive DC Source Applications." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON VEHICULAR TECHNOLOGY 63, no. 6, 2567 - 2577.
- F. Guo, L. Fu, C. Lin, C. Li, W. Choi, and J. Wang,, 2013, "Development of an 85-kW Bidirectional Quasi-Z-Source Inverter With DC-Link Feed-Forward Compensation for Electric Vehicle Applications." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS 28, no. 12, 5477 - 5488.
- M. Shen, J. Wang, F. Z. Peng, L.M. Tolbert, D.J. Adams, 2006, "Constant boost control of the Z-source inverter to minimize current ripple and voltage stress." IEEE Transactiosn on Industry Applications 42, no. 3, 770 - 778.
- L. Herrera, W. Zhang, and J. Wang, "Stability Analysis and Controller Design of DC Microgrids With Constant Power Loads." IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid
Papers in Proceedings
- H. Li, C, Yao, C. Han, Alex J. Brothers, X. Zhang, and J. Wang "Evaluation of 600 V GaN Based Gate Injection Transistors for High Temperature and High Efficiency Applications." JOURNAL: "The 3rd. IEEE Wide Bandgap Power Devices and Applications (WiPDA2015)." in The 3rd. IEEE Wide Bandgap Power Devices and Applications (WiPDA2015). (11 2015). 85 - 91.
- H. Li, M. Alsolami, Y. Xiao, X. Dong, K. Zhu, and J. Wang "Life Test Design for Retired xEV Batteries Aiming at Smart Home Applications." JOURNAL: "2015 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Expo (ECCE)." in 2015 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Expo (ECCE). (9 2015). 4967 - 4972.
- L. Herrera, C. Li, X. Yao, D. Jiao and J. Wang "FPGA Based Real Time Electro-Thermal Modeling of Power Electronic Converters." in 28th Annual IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC). NEW YORK, (1 2013). 1725 - 1729.
- L. Herrera, F. Guo, E.Inoa and J. Wang "Small Signal Modeling and Networked Control of a PHEV Charging Facility." in IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE). NEW YORK, (1 2012). 3411 - 3416.